From Teti’s Flakes
- 400 gr shredded phyllo dough
- 350 gr goat cheese Mastelo
- 150 gr butter, melted
For the syrup
- 350 ml water
250 gr sugar
juice from ½ lemon
For making the syrup
- Add the ingredients for the syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the boiling starts, boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
For making the kanafeh
- In a small pan, over low heat, melt the butter. Be careful, we don’t want to burn it. Set aside.
- Thaw the shredded phyllo dough before using by using your hands. Pull the strands apart, breaking them into smaller pieces.
- Grease the pan (or the baking pan if using) with smelted butter. Spread the pan with shredded phyllo dough and drizzle with some melted butter (about 30 ml).
- Cut the head of the cheese in half and then into thin slices. Spread two slices of cheese on the shredded phyllo dough and then cover it with some extra shredded phyllo dough. Press it down with your hands and sprinkle a little butter on top with a brush (about 30 ml).
- Fry over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on one side. Carefully turn it with a spatula and fry on the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Once we remove it from the heat, immediately pour the cool syrup and serve.