From Teti’s Flakes
- 300 gr shrimps
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ glass of white wine
- 400 ml tomato sauce
- 150 gr cow cheese Mastelo, in cubes
- 1 fresh onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- Clean the shrimps well and remove the vein. Personally I prefer to leave the head and shell as they add flavor to the sauce.
- In a pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the shrimp until they for about 1 minute on each side. If you have removed the shell then sauté for 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove the shrimps and add the onions and the garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add the wine. Stir until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add tomato sauce and cook in medium to high heat for 6-7 minutes. Add the shrimps to the pan and add salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Dice into cubes the cow cheese Mastelo and add it to the pan in order it insided to become soft and squishy.
- Remove from heat and garnish with some fresh onions.