From Tetti’s Flakes
Mini pies with olives, pepper and Mastelo cheese. A dish that can be served as a side dish next to a cold glass of white wine, or even be the ideal snack during a energy consuming day.
- 1 kourou dough package
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g black olives, finely chopped
- 5 red peppers, roasted and chopped
- 200g Mastelo cow cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with milk
- freshly ground pepper
- In a non-stick pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chopped olives and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper, stir and leave the mixture to cool.
- Spread over the kourou dough the beaten egg.
- Then spread 100g grated cow mastelo cheese and the olive mixture along the dough, in a wide strip.
- Fold in half lengthwise, covering the olives, grease the top of the folded dough with egg and wrap tightly in a roll.
- Cut into 3-4 cm thick slices and arrange them in a greased pan.
- Continue with the second kourou dough and the chopped peppers. If there is any olive filling leftover, add it as well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.